Friday, August 5, 2011

Week 1

1st of August 2011 marked the my first day starting work in HP. I am excited and I prepared myself mentally to not underestimate the work. I learnt from my previous experience that work is not something that we can do without really putting ourselves into it.

My first impression of HP is that the work life here is pretty relaxed. Totally different compared to my previous work. No push around, no urging from production supervisors, not much pressure from others. Pretty much I can work comfortably here.

Lunch-wise it is also much different compared to before. More choice of cafetaria to go in here and the people here willing to go to some places like HarborFront area to have lunch there.

I also love the schedule and timing here. We do not really need to come on-time and no clocking in/out required. We can knock off on time at 5.30pm and seems like majority of people here abide by that time so we have a good culture here. OT culture, necessary or unnecessary, will pressure you a lot.

The field of work itself feels more familiar to me since it involves computer which I have been dealing around as a hobby for quite some time. I promised myself that I would still learn about website design to improve my technical skill even further so I can readily jump ship when the need arises. But after a week goes in here, I do not really feel the need to jump for at least another 1 or 2 years (provided the economy is pretty stable).

I give a big wide smiley face for the first week in here :).

No comments:

Post a Comment